Bondi Junction, NSW 2022
Type of Property: Apartment
Reason for Purchase: Primary Residence
Address: 9/21-27 Waverley Street, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
The client, a local couple who were searching for their first home was referred to us by a past client. They had been searching on their own for a while but due to strong competition in the market, they were advised to use a buyer’s agent. Our best option was to buy an off-market that we secured through our real estate agent database. They were very pleased with the result as 3 bedroom units with garages are highly competitive.
About the Property:
Located on the edge of Bondi Junction, this large north-facing apartment with harbour views capture the essence of the phrase “renovator’s delight”. Untouched by any significant remodelling in decades, it is a rare opportunity, a blank canvas poised for a discerning owner to transform into an ideal home. With the right touch and a modern update, it is simply a delightful, light-filled home “waiting to happen”.
With a fantastic northern balcony and smaller enclosed southern one, both offering great views, it currently features three bedrooms across a sizeable floorplan, with kitchen, two bathrooms, internal laundry and storage space. But, really, the current specifications are not the point. The point is, rather, that this is an enormous space that stands at-the-ready for a contemporary overhaul. With huge flexibility with regards to potential layout, this is an exciting chance for those looking to create a personalised vision of home.
The key addition of lock-up garage is a substantial convenience, while its proximity to the Westfield shopping complex and the transport and amenities of Bondi Junction is very handy. Add the fact it is literally up the road from Bondi Beach, plus the cool eateries of Bondi Rd, and the end result is a stunning chance to shape a great space in an ever-popular area.
Other features included;
- Un-renovated in decades, poised for astute remodelling
- Rare chance to purchase a “blank canvas” property
- Views from balcony, living area + bedroom to Sydney Harbour
- Level lift access in well-maintained security building
- Dual north-south aspect feat large proportioned rooms
- Currently three bedrooms, all generous in size
- Two existing bathrooms, one with full bathtub
- Plenty of storage space in a number of locations
- Terrific investor opportunity or fine place to renovate + settle into
- 2-minute walk to shopping, eateries, cafes and bars
- A must-see renovators’ apartment in sought-after area